- Complete the application for all products and facilities that are to be inspected and considered for certification
- You will receive a quote for certification and audit expenses.
- Audit expenses (estimated inspection and travel) are due before audit is scheduled.
- Annual certification fee is based on risk assessment of ingredients, manufacturing plant, and other factors affecting production.
- A GFCO auditor will conduct an initial inspection of the facility or a consultation may be coordinated.
- After a contract is prepared and signed, you will be given permission to use the GFCO logo
- Finally, to maintain the integrity of the certification, Annual inspections of every facility is required by a GFCO qualified inspector with required regular testing. GFCO may make periodic unannounced visits to your facility and collect samples from grocery store shelves for testing.
Time required to complete the certification process, depending on complexity of application, location of facility, and plant inspection on average takes 6-18 weeks.